WDE – Certified Entry-Level Web Developer
The WDE – Certified Entry-Level Web Developer certification is a professional credential that demonstrates the candidate's proficiency in HTML5 and CSS, as well as their mastery of Responsive Design and Layout Techniques. It showcases the candidate's ability to craft contemporary, efficient, interactive, accessible, and user-friendly webpages that seamlessly adapt to diverse devices and screen sizes.
The WDE – Certified Entry-Level Web Developer certification stands as a testament to the holder's expertise in HTML5 and CSS, showcasing their proficiency in crafting modern, efficient, and visually captivating webpages. This certification covers a range of essential skills, including mastery of CSS Frameworks and Preprocessors, Responsive Design and Layout Techniques, as well as Interactivity and Animation. It also underscores the candidate's deep understanding of Accessibility, Usability, and Best Practices in web development.
This certification equips individuals with the foundational knowledge and practical skills required to design, build, and deploy webpages that are not only aesthetically appealing but also responsive to various devices and accessible to a diverse user base. It serves as a springboard for aspiring web developers, demonstrating their readiness to contribute effectively to web development projects and establishing a strong foundation for their career in this dynamic field.
||WDE – Certified Entry-Level Web Developer
|Exam Short Form
|Exam Code/Current Exam Version
||WDE-40-0x/WDE-40-01 (Release Date: Sep 18, 2023)
||WDA – Certified Associate Web Developer (WDA-41-0x)
||Exam: 40 minutes, NDA/Tutorial: 5 minutes
|Number of Exam Items
||Single-selection and multiple-selection items
||Web Development Essentials: HTML & CSS (Edube.org)
||OpenEDG Testing Service (TestNow™ – Global/Default) and OpenEDG Testing Centers (Local/Non-Default)
||WDE Exam Policy (opens in a new tab)
||WDE Exam Syllabus
The WDE – Certified Entry-Level Web Developer certification exam evaluates the following topic areas and assesses the following skills:
- Mastery of HTML5 syntax, including semantic elements.
- Understanding of the historical evolution of HTML.
- Proficiency in creating structured and well-formed HTML documents.
- Ability to incorporate multimedia elements effectively.
- Knowledge of HTML5 best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of CSS syntax, including selectors, properties, and values.
- Skill in styling web content to meet design requirements.
- Competence in handling layout and positioning of HTML elements using CSS.
- Ability to create and apply CSS rules for optimal styling.
- Proficiency in responsive design principles.
- Skill in creating layouts that adapt seamlessly to various screen sizes.
- Understanding of CSS frameworks and preprocessors to streamline development.
- Ability to implement responsive navigation menus, flexible grids, and media queries.
- Comprehension of web accessibility guidelines (e.g., WCAG).
- Skill in designing web content for accessibility and usability.
- Ability to create semantic HTML for improved page structure.
- Knowledge of best practices in web development, including performance optimization.
WDE Certification Holder Profile
Holders of the WDE – Certified Entry-Level Web Developer certification demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- Proficiency in HTML5, including semantic elements, multimedia integration, and adherence to best practices.
- Mastery of CSS essentials, with the ability to create visually appealing and well-structured web pages.
- Expertise in responsive web design and layout techniques, ensuring optimal user experiences across devices.
- Dedication to accessibility and usability, designing web content that is inclusive and user-friendly.
- Adherence to industry best practices, including performance optimization and clean coding standards.